The Occupational Health and Safety Act
The Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS) requires all businesses to comply with basic safety regulations to confirm to the standards of a safe working environment.
OHS – Health and Safety Audits
At BCH, we offer our clients complete Occupational Health and Safety Services in terms of the OHS act in South Africa. The process is kicked off by a Base OHS Audit.
- The Base Audit entails that BCH do an inspection of the client’s premises to ascertain what the current compliancy levels are.
- Concluding the OHS Audit, a variance report is compiled to show BCH’s clients exactly what has to be done to comply with the OHS act.
- Every six months thereafter, a Grading/Progress Audit is done to determine whether the OHS standards are being abided by. For each audit completed, a report is provided to the client
These reports can be used when inspections from the Department of Labour are conducted. Presently these inspectors are conducting spot checks and can arrive at your door unannounced.
Occupational Health and Safety Training
BCH also provides all training that is required for compliance with the OHS act. Depending on the amount of employees that our client has, varying numbers of training of the following courses has to be done:
- OHS Induction Training (Facilitator Package)
- OHS Representative Training (Live)
- First Aid (Live)
- Fire Fighting (Live)
*Health and Safety Courses will have to be redone on an annual basis in to ensure that training & legal appointments remain valid.